Easy Weeknight Dinner/ Rustic Pesto Tart

Even though it's almost coming to the end of my three week layoff/vacation, my husband has already gone back to work and Graduate school classes. Tonight I made a simple meal that easily can be made on a weeknight. It's semi-homemade and pairs perfectly with a fresh green salad or any type of soup. I had leftover Pureed Broccoli Soup from Eating Well Magazine's January/February 2011 issue.



 Rustic Pesto Tart

  Ingredients:

1 pound prepared whole-wheat pizza dough, (I picked mine up at Whole Foods!)



  • 1/4 cup prepared pesto (Costco's Kirkland's brand is delicious!)
  • 6 tablespoons dried cranberries
  • 1/2 cup shredded Fontina or Swiss cheese

  Preparation:




  1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
  2. Sprinkle work surface and dough with flour. Press dough out and roll, stretch or toss it into a 14-inch circle. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Spread pesto on the dough to within 1/8 inch of the edge. Sprinkle cranberries and cheese evenly over the pesto. Fold 1 to 1 1/2 inches of the border over the filling all the way around, leaving the center exposed.
  3. Bake the tart until browned and bubbling, 20 to 22 minutes. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes before cutting into 12 pieces.








Pesto

Comments

  1. Betsy...I went to high school with your mom. I love blogs and I love your blog. So I am following you! =)

    Ellen Hasness
    www.kwanesum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love the pesto/cranberry combo. And it's quick to put together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks easy and delicious.I came across your site from the foodieblogroll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this pesto widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about recipes with pesto,Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks good,did you ever tried it with fresh homemade pesto?
    I found you with Foodie blog roll,'cause I want share different recipes from "the other side of the ocean".
    A presto ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellen! Very cool you went to HS with my mom! Thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete
  6. TJ! Hello! Easy to put together but still tasty is what I like!


    Alisa! Hello to Foodista! I will add the pesto widget!


    Cinzia! I do make my own pesto in the summer when basil is plentiful. I will have to try it in that season. Welcome as well!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for reading A Dancer In The Ktichen! Let me know what you are thinking or love to eat!

Popular Posts