New Year, New Blog with Persimmon Cookies!

Happy New Year 2011!!! Wow, last year went by fast but to honor the start of a new year I thought I would share one of my favorite cookie recipes! This cookie recipe comes from my Grandma who lives in California. In college, I would go to her house for Thanksgiving and she would always make these! Now, it's not technically persimmon season but maybe save this recipe for next year. Recently, Costco had persimmons. However, they had Fuyu persimmons which are delicious firm and eaten like an apple! For baking you want the Hachiya kind. Let them ripen until they are very soft and then you can  scoop the pulp right out of them! Enjoy!


 Grandma Shelton's 
Persimmon Orange Delights


½ cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup persimmon pulp
1 tablespooon grated orange rind
½ cup orange juice
2 ½ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon cloves
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped nuts & raisins


Cream butter & sugar lightly, then add next four ingredients. Measure flour and add baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt. Sift once together then add to first mixture. Fold in nuts and raisins. Drop by tsp. on greased cookie sheet. Bake at  375°F degrees for 12-15min.

Comments

  1. I can attest to these cookies. Delicious!!! And always reminds me of home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for reading A Dancer In The Ktichen! Let me know what you are thinking or love to eat!

Popular Posts