Truffle Recipe #1


   It's been a little crazy around here lately. I went back to work after vacation and we had two weeks to put together our children's show which will start it's run this coming week. On top of that I worked a couple of shifts at Sur La Table. My final two shifts are this weekend which is good and bad. It's good because I really need my weekends free because my dance company job keeps me busy and I love my days off. It's also good because I really get too tempted to buy things by working there!! Customers say all the time how the store must be a dangerous place to work, and it is!! However, it's bad because I do like working there. I love learning about all of the new products and gadgets. Maybe in the future if I ever get a part time job again it should be at a hardware store or some place I wouldn't 

want to buy anything. But then I wouldn't enjoy the actual job part and it wouldn't be worth it! 
   Friday night was my only night off this weekend so I decided to make homemade pizza but that post will come next! The pizza includes Yukon Gold potatoes and since I had leftover potatoes I thought I would julienne cut some on the mandoline and bake some fries up for snacking on this busy weekend! These are not your average fries. First of all they are baked, not fried so they are healthier!! Secondly, the special ingredient is Fusion brand black truffle salt! I had a friend generously give this to me as a gift awhile back. The great thing is it lasts because you only need to use a little bit for some great flavor! I know she bought mine at Sur La Table. However, I have found their products like the curry one in the picture, at TJ Maxx for a great deal. I would recommend using this brand because it tastes so good!









OVEN BAKED 
TRUFFLE-THYME FRIES
4 servings



Ingredients:


4 medium sized Yukon Gold potatoes, julienne cut on a mandoline
4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon Fusion brand Black Truffle Salt 
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
*extra teaspoon salt for tossing when done baking(optional)


Preparation:


1. Preheat oven to 450° F
2. Toss potatoes slices with oil, salt, and thyme. Spread out evenly on a rimmed baking sheet.
3. Bake about 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are brown and tender, turning once.
4. Take out of oven an if desired, toss with remaining teaspoon of salt. 






Comments

Popular Posts