Travel Journal: PDX Day 3



DAY 3.......Farewell to Portland, for now!




We checked out of hotel and pretty much had half of a day to play with before having to be at the airport. I think we were still full from dinner the night before so we had a light breakfast at the hotel and then decided to go check out the Oregon Zoo! It had been a long time since I had been to Zoo and it was a lot of fun. The setting of this zoo is tucked away beneath beautiful tall lush green trees.
Goodbye Avalon Hotel & Spa (next time we need to stay here and use the spa!)








Goodbye, the Great Northwest! You made me feel a little closer to my home state of Alaska!

Goodbye Oregon !


We headed off to the airport to return the rental car and because we knew we could have dinner at  Rogue Ales!

I must admit I didn't have a beer though! In 2003 Rogue began making their own Spirits. I had to try one of the martinis made with their Spruce Gin. It was incredibly expensive because it was at the airport but it was one of the best martini's I've ever had! Plus, the last day of vacation deserves a little treat!


After dinner, we stopped at the gift store to buy some beer to take home! We put the Hoegaarden in the middle to compare the sizes of Jake's beer with my Rogue XS! 

We loved our trip to Portland but we have to go back soon because we didn't make it to Voodoo Doughnuts....and a whole list of other places!




Question:
     What are some other great places to visit in Oregon?

Comments

Popular Posts