TILT long overdue!

I haven't done a TILT in over two weeks! Since we had a show on one of the Thursdays and then last week I didn't have my computer (just my Ipad) and we had no Internet service where we were staying in Southern Utah. So here is a TILT for the weekend:


THINGS I'M LOVING THURSDAYS  SUNDAYS (TILS)!!


1. Juliet 

I've been reading alot lately especially because I've spent quite a bit of time traveling. I'm currently reading this book and it's fantastic! I highly recommend it, and I'm not done with it so I hope it ends well! It takes place in the beautiful Italian town of Siena. It's a mystery-modern day Romeo and Juliet type story. It will make you want to pack you bags for an Italian adventure.











2. Snickers Peanut Butter

I don't buy a lot of candy but every so often it's nice to have a candy bar. My mom had told me how good these were awhile back so I picked a bag of fun size ones a bit ago to save for Halloween candy! Ha! Yeah right! The bag is now gone and I have a new favorite candy. I love Reese's peanut butter cups and these are pretty high up on the list of favorites! Chocolate, peanut butter, peanuts, nougat, and caramel....YUM!






 3. Hell's Backbone Grill

On our recent rural tour in Southern Utah, we were lucky enough to drive to the town of Boulder, Utah to dine at Hell's Backbone Grill. This is my second time eating at this amazing restaurant. The restaurant has had numerous media accolades from Sunset magazine, The New York Times, and was even listed in the book 1,000 Places to See in the USA & Canada Before You Die. It's just a wonderful setting where you feel like you have gone back to a different era: one without the distractions of cell phones and social media.  Here is a fun video by Dave Liberman with the restaurants founders Jen Castle and Blake Spalding:



                                                          

                                                      
4. American Public Radio's The Splendid Table
   The show for people who love to eat!! (That's me!!)

My Sunday morning ritual includes listening to this radio show. The show is hosted by the entertaining Lynne Rosetto Kasper and features great recipes, tips and stories about food. Jane and Michael Stern are also contributors and it's great fun to listen to see where in the US they are traveling around trying out new restaurants. If your local public radio station doesn't air this program you can go to the website and stream it from you computer. I just renewed my public radio subscription today and it's programs like this one that make me proud to be a member. Public radio has taught me so much.....I love the stories about history, current events, arts, leisure, politics, and food!



Comments

Popular Posts