Biscoff Caramel Apple Pecan Bars


I created this recipe to enter in to a contest on Facebook with Delta where you had to use Biscoff cookies in the recipe. The winner could have won a trip to Napa (I love Napa , well actually I love most wine country places!). The finalists were picked by how many likes they got on their entry. I received 17 votes so I know I'm not a finalist but I thank my friends and family that voted! I love flying Delta (plus, my Father-in-law is a Pilot for them) especially because they give out Biscoff cookies. Usually, when we fly with the dance company we are booked on Delta so I have flown enough with them to have Silver Medallion Status! Unfortunately, our last two most recent tours we have flown Continental and US Airways. They were okay but they don't serve any snacks at all! I know you can bring your own snacks of course.....but I give Delta credit for still serving snacks with their beverage service, it makes me like them even more! 

I added some of the delicious Biscoff spread and I think they turned out really yummy! With a dollop of whip cream on top, my taste testers seemed to like them. There was even one left for me in the fridge when I came back from Arizona. 



Biscoff Caramel Apple Pecan Bars



Ingredients:

Cookie Crust
6 tbsp. Melted butter
25 Biscoff cookies
1 tsp. Almond extract

Filling
8 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup Biscoff Spread
1 egg
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup pecan halves, chopped
2 granny smith apples, thinly chopped
3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. Lemon juice

Topping
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 1/2 tablespoons evaporated fat-free milk, divided
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/8 teaspoon coarse sea salt


Directions:

1.Preheat oven to 325.

Cookie Crust
2. In a food processor, grind biscoff cookies into fine crumbs. Drizzle in 6 tbsp. melted butter and almond extract and whirl until crumbs start to come together. Press crumb mixture firmly over bottom of a 13x9inch pan. Bake until crust is set, about 10 minutes. Set aside and let cool completely in refrigerator. 



Prepare Filling
3. Increase oven to 375. In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar, brown sugar, and Biscoff spread. Beat in egg until well combined. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Pour into sugar mixture and beat until dough forms. In a small bowl combine chopped apples with flour and lemon juice. Stir into dough mixture.
4. Press dough out over cookie crust to fill the pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Set on a wire rack.


Topping
5. Meanwhile prepare the topping in a small saucepan. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1 1/2 tablespoons milk; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add vanilla and powdered sugar; stir with a whisk until smooth. Spread mixture evenly over cooled bars, and sprinkle on the pecans and sea salt.
Let cool completely and cut into bars



The Biscoff crust

Apple filling mixture

The freshly baked bars!

With a dollop good sized spoonful of whip cream on top!




I'm really excited to be heading to San Francisco tomorrow for the
Foodbuzz Festival!! It's my first blogging event and I'm very nervous but in a good way! I can't wait to post more about my trip to you guys. Also, since I've been on a rural tour we stayed in a hotel with very bad Internet connection.....so TILTS will return someday and so will more posts including more on our great tour to the FLYING E RANCH in Wickenburg, Arizona. 




Comments

  1. I think more people tried to vote but had trouble with the page. The bars are so delicious so even if you didn't win the contest you created a wonderful dessert!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for reading A Dancer In The Ktichen! Let me know what you are thinking or love to eat!

Popular Posts