When you have the time, it's nice to bake a cake from scratch but most days the convenience of having a boxed mix in the pantry is ideal. I picked out the Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Red Velvet cake mix and decided to put together one of my favorite desserts: Trifle. I received my trifle dish for our wedding from a good friend's mother and I love getting it out to use! A couple of ingredients and you can put together a layered dessert that's easy to make and even easier to eat up because it's so good! Plus, red velvet is one my favorite cake flavors!
Raspberry Red Velvet Cake Trifle
1/2 of a baked Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake (2 9-inch cakes, set one aside for later eating!)
1 15.75-ounce can Wilderness-Comstock Premium Raspberry Filling (this one has no high fructose corn syrup!)
1 package instant French Vanilla Pudding, prepared
1 8-ounce container Cool Whip, thawed
Red food coloring, optional
1. Cut cake into 1-inch pieces.
2. Mix 1 cup of the cool whip into the pudding. Add about 5-10 drops of red food coloring and set aside. 3. Layer ingredients into a large trifle dish in this order: cake, pudding mixture,
and 1/2 cup raspberry filling.
4. Repeat layers again and then top the trifle with the leftover white cool whip and raspberry filling.
5. Dust the top with cocoa powder and dish up!
I hope you're still reading because it's time for the giveaway:
TWO readers will each receive three coupons for free Duncan Hines products!
The giveaway ends Saturday, December 3 at midnight. (US residents only)
HOW TO ENTER:
Leave a separate comment for each entry.
1. Mandatory entry: Leave a comment below telling me your favorite cake flavor!
2. For an additional entry: Follow me on Twitter (@dancerkitchen)
I hope you win and you can enjoy some cake, muffin, or brownie mixes to add into your pantry or bake right away!
~This giveaway is now closed! Winners will be announced soon, good luck!~