- Practice more yoga
- Take a 200-hour yoga certification
- Eat more Kale
- Take two hours every Saturday to clean my house
- See Wicked the musical with my husband
- Learn more about Essential Oils ( I got a starter kit for Christmas)
- Train to run the Disneyland Half Marathon
- Spend less time online and more time reading
- Start a gratitude journal
- Write down my recipes when I create them on actual notepads, instead of scratch pieces of paper that I then lose and have to try to remember how I made the recipe!
- Less waste, especially in my kitchen: Eating up more leftovers, and making more pantry meals before buying more things.
- Taking trips to Alaska (where I grew up), California (to visit my Grandma), Boston, New York, and IRELAND!!!
Well that's a good start I think! Since one of my goals is to eat more kale, (simply because it's good for you & I actually really like the taste) here is a recipe to start off the New Year. It's a pasta recipe and one that includes pesto. Can't get much better than that!
Kale-Walnut Pesto Pasta
- 1/2 bunch kale, stems discarded and leaves coarsely chopped
- 1 pound gemelli pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for sprinkling
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. In a large pot of salted water, cook the kale until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the kale to a colander and rinse with cold water. Add the pasta to the pot and cook until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup of the pasta cooking water. Return the pasta to the pot.
- 2. Meanwhile, squeeze the kale to remove the excess water. In a food processor, combine the kale, walnuts, garlic and Parmesan until almost smooth; season with salt and pepper. With the machine running, add the olive oil.
- 3. Add the pesto to the pasta, along with enough pasta cooking water to loosen the pesto as necessary. Serve sprinkled with more Parmesan.
- (From Every Day with Rachel Ray Magazine)
In other exciting blog news for 2012, two of my posts on Pumpkin recipes were shared as Top 9 posts on the website DailyBuzz Healthy Living! This is a new website that you should all go check out! It's really easy to navigate and you can find some great advice/recipes/exercises from other bloggers.
You also may have recognized a new badge on my page! I also am now a member of the Clever Girls Collective. This collective is one of the largest blog networks and is powered by the Clever Girls social media agency! I'm excited to be a part of this as well!
Lots of good things in 2012 so far! I wish you all good health & happiness for the New Year. I want to share with you one last image for the beginning of the New Year..... (It's something I want to work on for 2012)