Foodie Pen Pals #3 February 2012


 A lot has happened in the last week. One thing is that I had to tell my job that this is going to be the last season dancing with the company. I'll go into more details later. It's a bittersweet thing because I have loved dancing my job for the last six years but it's time for a change. Ready to move on, but sad to leave such a great company and people.

Another thing is that we had a sad event happen in my husband's family this weekend. I'm not going to go into any details but we are grieving. I haven't had to deal with a lot of loss in my lifetime and I'm not the cheeriest person right now.


But it is the reveal day for the February Foodie Pen Pal program. I received my package this month from Missy Mowry. When her package came in the mail I was so excited to open it up. I think someone else was even more excited.....




Siena went crazy for the stuff in the box! I think the spices in a soup and dip mix had her acting like she had sniffed a bunch of catnip. She played for almost an hour with all of the tissue paper! Missy sent me a nice package which she thought was a random one but I thought it was great! 

I've always wanted to buy Green & Black Hot Chocolate but have never gotten around to it. She also included some soy milk powder to mix it with. I can't wait to try this!
A selection of savory things two which were from Kentucky: Bayou Red Beans & Rice and Delicious Dip Mix. Plus, Jane's Krazy Mixed-Up Salt (another thing I've always wanted to buy!).

I can't wait to try this next item: Cherry Preserves with Lazzaroni Amaretti



As Missy wrote in her note, "You can never go wrong with Nutella and chocolate!" I agree!


She also included some homemade treats she calls power cookies! Yum!




Thanks for all of the goodies Missy! You can also check out what I sent to my Foodie Pen Pal Lisa over at Experience Life With Me


If you are interested in participating in Foodie Pen Pals, here is the info:
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents.  Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada!
If you’re interested in participating for March, please send  an email to theleangreenbean@gmail.com and include the following information:
-Your full name
-Your email address
-Your blog name/address
-Your twitter handle (if applicable)
-WHETHER YOU ARE A US RESIDENT OR CANADIAN RESIDENT. – this is SUPER important so you get on the right list!
You must submit your information by March 4th as pairings will be emailed on March 5th!






I'll be back in awhile with some great recipes. I've felt really tired lately and worn down because of what's happened in our family. Grieving takes time and that's what I need. Until next time. 


CIAO,

BETSY

Comments

  1. Oh Betsy~
    I am so sorry to hear that you are going through loss ~I hope that you guys are ok!!
    Please let me know if you need anything!
    I am thinking of you and Jake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This must be a difficult time for you. I hope things will soon right themselves and all will be well in your world. I hope you have a good day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for reading A Dancer In The Ktichen! Let me know what you are thinking or love to eat!

Popular Posts