Saturday R&R with Chocolate-Chip Coffee Muffins



 I feel like I haven't blogged in forever. The last two weeks the company has been busy teaching in local Utah elementary schools and choreographing in High Schools. I however, choreographed for a group of students at an elementary school, so I was surrounded by kids all day long for two weeks. I was so exhausted when I came home at night. I have SO much respect for teachers and what they do/put up with for so little pay.......

So since it's Saturday and since I'm finally done teaching, the energy has returned! These muffins helped a bit too: Chocolate & Coffee in a low-fat muffin. The perfect way to start the weekend! These were in last months issue of Cooking Light. Seriously every recipe I've ever made from that magazine turns our great.


Chocolate-Chip Coffee Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
(recipe slightly adapted from Cooking Light)

Ingredients
2/3 cup 1% milk
  • 5 tablespoons butter, melted 
  • 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules (I used 4 packets of Starbucks Via)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • large egg, lightly beaten 
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour 
  • 2/3 cup sugar 
  • 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt 

  • PREPARATION
  • 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
  • 2. Combine first 5 ingredients.
  • 3. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Make a well in center of flour mixture. Add milk mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moist.
  • 4. Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 18 minutes or until done. Remove muffins from pan immediately; place on a wire rack.


I hope everyone else had a wonderful Saturday! I went to go see the movie/documentary PINA by Wim Wender. Go see it if plays in your city/town. There are some incredibly beautiful moments and I couldn't get over that I was watching dance on the big screen in 3D! Definitely worth the money and it's almost like you are watching the dancers live but you have the best seat in the house. Nothing is as good as seeing dance in person but this comes pretty close. Plus, it's nominated for as Academy Award for Best Documentary! "Dance, dance, otherwise we are lost."


CIAO,

BETSY

Comments

Popular Posts