High Hand Conservatory Cafe and Wine Tasting in Loomis, CA



   My husband and I have been trying to explore all of our new surroundings in California. So we took a drive up to Loomis the other day to have brunch at the High Hand Nursery and Conservatory Cafe. I was told to make reservations and I'm glad I did because this place was crowded! The cafe is located in a beautiful location in a greenhouse type building and on the grounds of the historic High-Hand Fruit Sheds. Of course, we started with mimosas so brunch was already off to a good start!

 I tried the special egg white omelet of the day, which had mushrooms, spinach, onions and was served with a yummy apricot scone and really tasty home fries. I always hate it when you go out for breakfast and the home fries/potatoes are just okay.

My husband had the Cremini Mushroom Benedict with a smoked paprika hollandaise sauce which was pretty amazing! Let's just say I was very happy to find a good breakfast place nearby. Plus, you can't beat the setting. I want to go back for dinner and for lunch sometime soon!


After brunch we walked around the nursery area and I wished that I had a green thumb so I could buy some things to plant. They do offer gardening classes so we might have to try to sign up for some.










 Inside of the historic fruit sheds there are fun little shops to check out an also three wine tasting rooms!

The Wineries at High Hand  consist of three local wineries: Ciotti, Popie Wines, and Cristaldi Vineyards.  We lucked out and that day and the tasting fee was free! We ended up going home with a bottle of Barbera from Ciotti. We both kept talking about how fun the day was at we would have never been able to go wine tasting on a Sunday in Utah! Oh California I'm loving you already!




Ciao,
Betsy


High Hand Conservatory & Cafe on Urbanspoon

Comments

  1. As a native Californian, there are so many places I have never visited and this is one of them. Sacramento area is about 90 minutes from me. I hope you are enjoying California.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marlene you'll have to make it to High Hand. So you are closer to San Francisco right? I am enjoying California so far, especially the beautiful spring!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It was fun and free which was even better for a tasting! I think I will miss wine when I'm pregnant! You'll have to do some wine tasting after you have your baby!

      Delete
  3. I loveee nurseries! They are so much fun to pass time on a nice day. I went to a gardening class last year and got some tips for my first garden, and everything I planted was successful!! Given it was only four things, and they were in wine boxes..but still!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great advice Brittany! I have been wanting to take a gardening class because I don't have the greenest thumb! That's very interesting, so you grew your stuff in wine boxes? I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for reading A Dancer In The Ktichen! Let me know what you are thinking or love to eat!

Popular Posts