Locally Made Wine County Gift ideas

The holidays always seem to creep up so fast and this year I'm definitely, not prepared. Since becoming a mom or mombie, finding the time and energy to figure out unique gift ideas have not really been my specialty. To help myself and others out, here is a quick list of locally made (if not fully produced, at least the businesses are headquarted in wine country!) Wine County gift ideas. This will be my first Wine Country Christmas, so I am embracing this wonderful county we live in and vowing to shop locally. Before I moved here, there were so many products I loved that came from this region.  It seems like every day I discover more & more amazing local companies making products that are tasty, creative, and sustainable.


After the horrible wildfires that struck our region in October there has never been a better time to support Wine Country. If you can, come and travel to visit the Sonoma and Napa wine regions. If you can't visit us right now, put us on your travel bucket list for the future. In the meantime, check out the products below to purchase for yourself or friends and family this holiday season. They are all available to buy online! I feel like half the time curated gift guides on websites are always really expensive like including a $570 sweater or something similar. Hopefully, this little guide is more realistic for those budget-friendly shoppers, like me!

Olive Oil

California has been producing some fine olive oil in recent history and here are some favorites that hail from Sonoma County.



Wine & Beverages

Of course, there are so many amazing wines from Sonoma and Napa but I picked the one below because they have a wonderful tasting room and beautiful garden grounds in my town of Santa Rosa. When you plan that trip to wine country it is a fantastic place to stop by!
Many people in our area are seen drinking the "yellow cans" of  Guayaki's Yerba Mate. While the yerba mate leaves are sourced in Brazil and Argentina the company is based out of Sebastopol. Their line of Yerba Mate drinks may just be that natural stimulant you need to get you through the busy holiday season.....and my husband now works for this awesome company!
If you are a breastfeeding mom like me, you may have already been introduced to Traditional Medicinals by drinking their Mother's Milk Tea. They have more than 50+  herbal organic teas plus special holiday selections all created by their herbalists and are based out of Rohnert Park.




                               Kendall Jackson          Guayaki Yerba Mate          Traditional Medicinals

Cheese

If you are a cheese lover then you have probably heard of and tasted cheese from Cowgirl Creamery. If you haven't then you are in for a treat. Sue Conley and Peggy Smith were pioneers of artisan cheesemaking in the United States. They are also listed on the trail map for the California Cheese Trail. Yes, that exists and it is definitely on my travel bucket list!



                                                                     Cowgirl Creamery

Coffee

Between coffee, beer (which I didn't even include in this post!), and wine we have all the good stuff!  However, in the coffee realm, there are some fabulous coffee roasters in wine country. The four below all have cozy cafe locations as well around the area. Blue Beagle Coffee is owned by a fellow writer at Wine Country Moms Blog. It is a fantastic independently owned shop that focuses on small batch artisan roasts. I visited them for the first time before the wine country fires. The Larkfield location they are in was hit hard and many customers lost their homes. They have the cutest logo and I really like their travel mugs by KeepCups!





                                     Bella Rosa   Blue Beagle Coffee   Taylor Maid   Acre Coffee

Housewares & Jewelry 

Petaluma based, Catstudio designs amazing geography pillows, glasses, and dish towels. I have one of their glasses from when I lived in Utah that I love. This is a great way that you could buy a gift for a relative with their region on it and still support a local company.
I was introduced to Napa-based, Olive and Poppy from Wine Country Moms Blog and have been fawning over their products ever since. I love their earrings and bracelets made from recycled oak wine barrels.





                                                   Catstudio          Olive and Poppy

Since I'm still a newcomer to this area, I would love to know what are some of your favorite locally made wine country products?


*I was not financially compensated for this post. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.*

Comments

Popular Posts