Review: Core Foods Meal Bars

This post is way over due. At this point, any post is way over due! Too many people have asked me lately, if I'm still blogging because I haven't done a post in awhile but I'm still here! Leaving the dance company made me nervous to not have a job so I ended up getting three part-time jobs and working almost more than I did when I had my full-time job! I'll tell you about those jobs in the next post! Also, about my fantastic trip to NYC! First though I want to tell you guys about a new product out there that I  personally think you should go out & try.

Remember when I went to the Foodbuzz Festival last year? Well, while attending the tasting pavilion I had the privilege to meet Meera from CORE Foods. I had heard a little about CORE Foods because the founders of the company were friends of mine from High School.


CORE Foods offered to send me a sample pack of their bars to try out! CORE bars come in two categories: Defender Meal and Warrior Meal. The Defender bars are meant for toning and weight management. The Warrior bars are packed with protein and great for intense activity and post-workout recovery.   The bars come in three flavors: almond raisin, walnut banana, and
cashew cacao. You are supposed to drink two glasses of water (which we all should be drinking more water anyways!) when consuming each bar. The bar should be equal to you eating 1 full bowl of oatmeal and give you 4 hours of stable energy. I tried this out when we were performing our children  show back in February and had to perform two shows every morning for a week. My favorite flavors were a tie between the walnut banana (which tastes like homemade banana bread!) and the almond raisin.





If you order these bars through the company they are sent to you promptly and arrive with a cold pack to keep them fresh! I appreciate knowing that this product is perishable because to me that tells that there are real/whole ingredients in each bar. Plus, I really like it when I can read and pronounce each ingredient on the label!

I eat other bars all the time as snacks but they usually only sustain me just as that: a snack. I wasn't sure if the CORE bars would keep me full either. I was happy to find out they really did keep me feeling sustained and full of energy throughout my two performances. I would love to try taking these on a long hike or on a short camping trip. One of my current part time jobs is working on a summer concert series here in SLC. I pretty much have been working for 10 hours each Thursday being on my feet the whole time with not much of a break. While, we do have meals provided I'm thinking about ordering some more CORE bars to help get me through those long days.


The other thing I love about this company besides their product, is their philosophy. They are a not-for-profit certified B Corporation. Here's a little about what B Corporations are from their website:


"B Lab, a nonprofit organization, certifies B Corporations, the same way TransFair certifies Fair Trade coffee or USGBC certifies LEED buildings.
B Corps, unlike traditional businesses:

  1. Meet comprehensive and transparent social and environmental performance standards; 

  2. Meet higher legal accountability standards;

  3. Build business constituency for public policies that support sustainable business."


So there you have it! One of my new favorite bars that I hope you will try! You can go to their website to see where they are sold in your area. If they haven't hit your region yet you can always order them easily online!


You can find more about CORE Foods ONLINE, on TWITTER, or on FACEBOOK!



Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with CORE Foods but I did receive a free sample three pack of CORE bars for review. All opinions are my own. 





Ciao,
Betsy








Comments

Popular Posts