Lemon Chia Seed Muffins for this New Year 2017!



Wow, it has almost been a year since I've blogged! Life has been busy, crazy, and full of wonderful, sad, happy, and stressful times but overall so grand. 2017 brings a new start for the New Year and just maybe, I'll blog some more. I haven't been creating my own recipes very often because well, there just isn't time with an active 2 year old in our house! Plus, we are expecting another little baby girl in May and considering my pregnancy is already almost halfway over, I have a feeling the next few months will be busy as well!

I love that my 2 year old is interested in being in the kitchen and if you have a toddler I highly recommend purchasing a kitchen helper! Christmas time was fun this year because we made Gingerbread houses, sugar cookies, and cinnamon rolls together. My parents came to Colorado from California and arrived bearing Meyer Lemons!! I love this type of lemon and they are expensive and hard to find here in CO. So this weekend we tried out this recipe and they are so yummy! I love that you use olive oil instead of butter and we gave it a CO twist by using local NOOSA lemon yogurt! Enjoy!



LEMON CHIA SEED MUFFINS 

11 Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2/3 cup lemon Greek yogurt
  • 1 Meyer lemon, zested and juiced
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons chia seeds

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place eight muffin liners in a muffin tin.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
  3. In a large bowl, mix together olive oil, sugar, yogurt, and lemon juice and zest until fully combined. Add egg and vanilla, and mix thoroughly.
  4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in two additions, stirring until just combined. Fold in chia seeds.
  5. Pour batter into muffin liners, filling 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until muffins are golden on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

 



Comments

Popular Posts